Go back a few years when only a few people enjoy iced coffee or any kind of cold coffee beverages. After some time, cold coffee drinks started to come up in bottles in the supermarket. It looks like that cooling off with a cold coffee at home is thriving all around the world.
That’s all well and good, but what about making cold brew coffee at your place?So, do you want to learn how to make cold brew coffee in a coffee maker at home? It sounds perfect. I have set out to create the best resource about how to make cold brew coffee in a coffee maker at your home.
In this article, you will learn how to make the best cold brew coffee in a coffee maker. Also, I will add some great tips and recipes which will help you to work more efficiently.
Before digging out more into the article. I'll tell you what Cold Brew Coffee is.
Most people think that Cold Brew Coffee and Iced Coffee are not at all the same thing.
Iced coffee is any cold coffee in which simply ice is added. Even you can make it in the regular coffee maker and then cool it down.
Whereas, Cold Brew Coffee portrays the way of making coffee. The cold water is used to make it from the beginning and the complete process takes around 18 -24 hours. It was never hot.
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee: The Best Way
If you are like me, your first cold brew coffee was at a cafe. As traditionally whenever we make coffee at home it was hot.
But once you grab that delightful cup of cold brew coffee, definitely you want to fetch that deliciousness to your home. That's what this whole article is all about.
There are several ways to make iced coffee at home, some of them are fast, and some are slow, like cold brew, it takes a little more time. But, is cold brew the best strategy to make iced coffee?
It may be bitter in flavor or more acidic if we cool the hot coffee. So, it will be better if you can cool it faster. And the best is if it never gets hot and that's where cold brew comes in.
Here’s how you can make it:
- Grind: Cold Brew Coffee needs a certain grind. So, grind your coffee beans accordingly and make sure the density is medium.
- The ratio of coffee to water: Add four cups of water and the ground coffee beans to a glass storage container or a mason jar.
- Rest: Place it on your countertop for about 12-15 hours without disturbing.
- Filtrate: Filtrate the coffee concentration through a nut bag to enjoy the cup full of joys. You may also use a very fine sieve for filtering it.
- Pour: Now, pour the filtrate cold brew concentrate into a clean glass container or a mason jar and refrigerate it.
- Enjoy: At last, Enjoy the cold brew coffee by diluting it with ice, water, or any type of milk or creamer.
And, there you have it! It is possible to make coffee with your Keurig and you can use any Keurig machine. But keep in mind that if you are brewing it directly over the ice, you should not use a glass cup, you can transfer it after the temperature meld a bit.
how long will it last ?
The cold brew coffee concentrate will last for a week and a little more. You could go a little longer, but I'll recommend you to consume it in the first week to enjoy its best flavor. So, prepare it according to your needs, how much you require in a week so that you can use it in the complete week and won't be wasted.
Tips Of Making Cold Brew Coffee
- Grind your beans at a moderate coarse density. As you don’t need finely ground coffee beans, which is what you would use for drip coffee.
- You will brew your coffee beans at a ratio of 4:1 i.e., four cups of water to the one cup of coffee beans. If you want more cold brew then just double it. And if you are using a mason jar, I will prefer you to use slightly less to get it to fit, I mean 3 cups of water to 3/4 cups coffee beans. Just keep the consistency of the radio.
- You can soak the coffee in any container. However, I recommend you use a glass container. I am using a mason jar.
- I prefer you to use filtered water to get the cleanest cup of cold brew.
- Steep it for at least 12 hours. After that, you can enjoy the flavor. If you would like it a bit stronger, brew it for a longer time, up to 24 hours. According to my, 12-15 hours are enough and I find it keeps most coffee lovers happy.
- While the cold brew can drench on your countertop at room temperature, keep the concentrate in the refrigerator after sieving it.
- Do not forget to dilute the concentrate. As I have mentioned above, you may serve it with water, ice, or some type of milk or creamer.
However, if you choose to make your iced coffee or any other type of cold coffee beverage at home, it will be much more convenient, and also smooth, slightly sweet, and super refreshing.
It is very simple to prepare and also, you can heat up easily if you want your coffee in your hands in seconds. Moreover, it is a lot less expensive than buying it at a coffee shop or restaurant.
It is like a ready-made option for those who follow a very busy schedule most of the time. And, there is one more advantage of making cold brew coffee at home that you can experiment with your regular coffee drinks by making different coffees and blends until you find the best-iced coffee for you.
These were some benefits of preparing it at home, I hope this article helped you and you have learned how to prepare cold brew coffee.
I'm a cold brew coffee lover and let me know which coffee lover you are, give your responses in the comments section. And also, let me know which coffee you want to prepare next.
Here also look for how to use Keurig coffee maker to make a coffee?